Sunday, August 23, 2009

Soap Box

In this artistic bubble I am confined

Not able to push past my invisible barriers

Unmoving in my realistic goals of becoming

A model that is rolled for the masses of youth

Trapped by an unwavering thought process

Words and melodies

Beats and lyrics

All the same but changed by the sounds of your experiences

Forming a knowledge that is new yet still so common

You speak what is heard not really grasping the comments

I exchange my friends for pens and my past loves for arts reason

Explaining my place in this world through a poetic flow grounded in my God believing

Challenging my self expanding my mental to places unknown

Daring man to stand up and take a chance on being heard

Keeping the freedoms our forefathers thought we deserved

My daughter will always know peace and not struggle

For I will raise her up in this artistic bubble


©2009 Erica Harrell (Rachelle Reve`)

No comments:

Post a Comment