Sunday, August 16, 2009

Myocardial Infraction

Full of injustice and so corrupt
You failed me daily
Pumping and feeding life into me
All the while exposing me to emotions

Rocky and painstaking
It seems to be torn apart
Life giving, love sinning
Signs of a painful heart

What was it that changed
That mixed your speeds
Skipping beats and rhythms
Remote-controlling me

All the selfless acts that I've partaken
Some how are blind to the roles that you're making
Staging acts as if you care
Embedding the feelings that you'll always be there

Not pain, No worries
Complicated at best
This emotional roller coaster
Requires a bullet-proof vest

Not from bullets
Or arrows, or painstaking blows
Just the words you use
That are piercing my loves soul

Such a small decision
Such large outcomes
Not sure about leaving
But you're already gone

Beat on beat maker
The metronome is still ticking
So loud in fact
You can't hear what I'm wishing

For now keep me alive
Work hard enough just to bleed
For the emotion you let in
Is slowly killing me


©2009 Erica Harrell (Rachelle Reve`)

1 comment:

  1. Firstly I love the title of this poem. Secondly, the expression of love and pain is well manifested in this poem. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete