Saturday, August 15, 2009

No Longer A Victim

Oh how I loved you
There was nothing that I couldn't
Or wouldn't do for you

I guess you can say that I'm the fool
I believed you loved me back

For years I felt responsible
Like it was all my fault
What had I done to bring you to such anger

The fire in your eyes I saw
The things I put you through
No one could know my misery
No one could see my pain

I was cloaked in shame
Covered like the black that penetrates the night sky

My tears to me were like acid
Each time they scared my face
Showing to all what was hid underneath

Why couldn't they see?
Why was no one there to help me?

I tried to cry out
But I knew it was me
You wouldn't let me forget
All the times that you told me

Each blow was supposed to be the last
If I straightened up and acted right
No more talking back
No more leading us into fights

But now I know

I truly understand

It was you who was the problem
It was you who couldn't be a real man

The bruises that you gave
Are now shown through your expressions
Hiding no more your secret sins

With strength that came from
Him alone we now are finally done

Yes my scares are still there
But my pain has long pasted
I found comfort in his saving grace

A love you couldn't show
He ceased the acid that you once caused
Reaching my heart below


©2009 Erica Harrell (Rachelle Reve`)

No comments:

Post a Comment