Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Silent Prayer

Imagine the feeling of being crowded when your all alone
The pressures of knowing that home is only you and no one else will show

Imagine taking on all my pains
Do you think you could handle my guilt's... my shames

The weak will not endure, Only the strong will survive
Words I speak to me just to keep myself alive

Mending a heart to let it be broken again,
A curse that's placed upon me

Knowing God is my victory,
But how could he let this happen to me
How could he let such things consume me

Overwhelming, over-powering, the over-bearing
My release is words, an outlet of emotion

Each scrambling to find its own place on the page
Just as I am to find mine

Torture, Oh torture!
What have I done to deserve you
What must I do to relieve myself of your wretched ways

Stress and Prayer combined is no sanctuary
Thru tears and agony my heart manages to beat on

I press on another day
Wanting, needing, a light to guide my way

God grant me peace
Save me from myself and the unfortunate task
Of being me....


©2009 Erica Harrell (Rachelle Reve`)

No comments:

Post a Comment