Monday, September 7, 2009

The Truth is in the Lies

Do you love me?
Yes
What do you want?
You
All things I should hear
But in truth, the words are never spoken
The words you say are all wrapped up in fable
Giving false hopes to something that will never blossom
It's sad that I try and convince myself that I am
Although deep down I know that I am far from
A love that once was meant for me now given to self
Selfish disguised by selfless
I wait for the "it's not you it's me" speech
Thoughts of heading you off at the pass rush over me
Its almost like a child wanting love from a parent who's never there
Reaching onto a non-existing plain for a chance at being claimed
Losing me would mean nothing to you
So why am I so deeply in love with you
When I speak you never hear
Involved in your surroundings
Making up the answers that you give
Abuse without the blows
An emotional disconnection from a love that once rose
Still you say that you love me
You say that you want me
And I continue to hear the truth in the lies

1 comment: