Monday, September 21, 2009

Fear...

Resting my poetic soul
Restoring my poetic flow
I shall no longer entertain the masses
With pleasing words and phrases fantastic
Your talk is cheap like the cloth that's wrapped around your image
Stained tarnished used up and ragged
Opinions mean nothing when they come from the abyss
A place of nothing where you choose to sit
Depending on the time of day your hating on a schedule
Making your way down to places I go just to be heard
Seen by no one but you think you walk tall
Short like my patients with you no longer an acceptable nuisance
I wont roast or boast about whats mine and yours
Masses of word absences fill your pages
When I came along you were just cleaning the stages
I brought you out into the lime light
Showed you off to all like "Its my childes Night"
So ungrateful you try and blame me
The downfall of you was the result of your shame
Your self pity and selfish ways
Emotions run deep but my skill is fastened to my bones
Letting the good girl fool you is a mistake in its own
This venom I spit this poison is character
So stage fright get on cause this fear is unbearable

by: Rachelle Reve`

1 comment:

  1. I like this cause well I am an entertainer and I know how it feels (sometimes) to fear the stage used to be my thing NICE SPEAK POET

    ReplyDelete